Yellowstone & Grand Teton
Check It Out!
Our Favorite Documentaries
Books – Non-Fiction
Books – Fiction
For Younger Readers
Durrae Johanek & Christopher Cauble
Tana S Holmes & Mahfuja Selim
Family Friendly Movies for Tweens and Teens
- Many scenes were shot in Livingston, Bozeman and parts of Yellowstone. The church scenes were filmed in the Redeemer Lutheran Church in Livingston
- The River in the movie is the Blackfoot River – however most of the water footage was shot on the Gallatin River. Yellowstone and Boulder Rivers also make an appearance. The waterfall is Granite Falls in Wyoming
- The “Maclean House” is across the road from the Springhill Presbyterian church, fourteen miles north of downtown Bozeman, Montana. The porch was built specifically for the scene where the Maclean brothers climb out of their bedroom window
- The film is said to have changed the Fly Fishing landscape in Montana!
- Areas near Grand Teton National Park were used as the setting for the frozen Russian landscape when Rocky went to the Soviet Union to fight Ivan Drago.
- The backdrop of old wooden buildings is Historic Mormon Row (in the Valley of Jackson Hole) – which is now considered a Ghost Town.